Kande Pohe

Kande Pohe is very popular breakfast dish in Maharashtra. I am a big big fan of Kande Pohe and this is all time favorite dish in my fa...



Kande Pohe is very popular breakfast dish in Maharashtra. I am a big big fan of Kande Pohe and this is all time favorite dish in my family. When I was living in a hostel, I used to eat this almost everyday. Now you know, why I named my blog this title. :) One can add lots of variation into this recipe to suit their taste.



Serving for - 2
Ingredients

Thick Poha (Beaten Rice) - 1 cup (Add poha in a colander, wash under running water. Drain all the water and let it rest for 10-15 minutes)
Onion - 1 (Finely chopped)
Tomato (small sized) - 1 (cut into cubes)
Green chilies - 2-3
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5-6
Pinch of asafoetida
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Some whole peanuts
Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Chopped cilantro for garnishing

Procedure
  • Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, pinch of asafoetida, whole peanuts, and curry leaves. Saute for a minute. Add onion and saute till translucent. Add tomato cubes and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add turmeric powder and salt to taste. Saute for few seconds.
  • Add poha and mix well. Cover it and let it cook for 6-8 minutes. Keep stirring in between. Finally, add sugar, lime juice and chopped cilantro. Mix well and serve hot. You can garnish it with fresh grated coconut while serving.

    Related

    Poha 5996983568763567631

    Post a Comment

    1. Poha looks simply delicious and colorful. Excellent preparation.

      Deepa
      Hamaree Rasoi

      ReplyDelete
    2. This looks absolutely yummy..I should try this soon...Bookmarking this one..

      Aarthi
      http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

      ReplyDelete
    3. Such a colorful dish, awesome..

      ReplyDelete
    4. delicious n colorful poha....yummy

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wow!! so colorful, will surely follow the recipe and try it out:)

      ReplyDelete
    6. I simply love this ...this looks so yummy!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Colorful and yummy,looks so tempting.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Poha looks so delicious and colourful. Now I know reason behind ur blogs name.. :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. My fav too.. love this one.. didn't know that tomato is added..
      Ongoing Event: I'm a STAR

      ReplyDelete
    10. looks so delicious! even i like pohe a lot.. will definitely try this recipe :D

      ReplyDelete
    11. You should have added this recipe the very first day you started blogging dear..Lovely ,I too like kande pohe!!Please link your entries to EP Series-Cilantro & Cumin Event
      Inviting Hosts for EP Series-Herbs & Spices

      ReplyDelete
    12. now i know the reason behind your blog name... it looks amazing... colourful and delicious...

      ReplyDelete
    13. looking great n iam sure i tastes best..now i got an idea abt ur space title dear......

      ReplyDelete
    14. i make poha this way too..i didn't know that its called kande pohe!thank you so much.....very delicious.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Extremely delicious n comfort recipe...

      ReplyDelete
    16. Love the color. we too make this way ;)

      ReplyDelete
    17. i too make this but never tried with tomatoes. looks nice

      ReplyDelete
    18. AWesome looking poha Poonam.......great presentation.

      ReplyDelete
    19. One of my favorite comfort foods. You have an award waitng for you at my blog. Please pick it up.

      ReplyDelete
    20. this is my fav breakfast. yours look perfect.

      ReplyDelete
    21. Wow yummy...in my family everybody loves poha...

      ReplyDelete
    22. Very simple and healthy!!!

      mumbaiflowerplaza.com

      ReplyDelete
    23. I 've started making this only last month and i call it upma with pohe. I am acquiring a taste for it. Now we know the inspiration behind your blog name

      ReplyDelete
    24. i many times feel like unsubscribing to your blog (a compliment)..you make my stomach growl :D :D :D

      ReplyDelete
    25. Wow!!! lovely recipe and wonderful cliks dear!!!
      Happy to follow you!!!! do top by mine!!!!
      Good Food Recipes

      ReplyDelete

    emo-but-icon

    Stay Connected!

    social media

    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!

    item