Kadai Chicken - Recipe with Step by Step Pictures

I tried Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe of Kadai chicken and it turned out awesome.  Now this dish has become one of my favorite. I made l...


I tried Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe of Kadai chicken and it turned out awesome.  Now this dish has become one of my favorite. I made little variation to original recipe. Cashew nuts were not available in my pantry, so I replaced them with some almonds. I added little paprika to give nice red color to gravy and I didn't puree the tomatoes. Do try this recipe at home and trust me, you won't get disappointed. :) 

Serving for - 2

Ingredients


Chicken - 500 gm
Onions - 2 (finely chopped)
Tomato (big sized) - 1 (finely chopped)
Green chilies - 2 (slit)
Ginger and garlic - 1 tbsp (minced)
Almonds - 15-20 (Soak in a water for 1 hour and grind to a smooth paste)
Paprika - 1 tsp (Optional)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste

Spices to dry roast and grind


Dried red chilies - 6-7
Coriander seeds - 2-3 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
Some black peppercorns

Procedure


  • Dry all spices mentioned above on low heat until you smell nice aroma from them. It may take around 5 minutes.
  • Once spices cool down, grind them to a coarse powder. Now spicy and aromatic masala for kadai chicken is ready. Keep it aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute till they turn slight brown in color.
  • Add green chilies and ginger-garlic. Saute till raw smell from ginger-garlic goes away.
  • Then add tomatoes, ground spices powder, turmeric powder, paprika and salt to taste. 
  • Mix well and let the mixture cook until tomatoes get mashed up with onions. 
  • When you see the moisture is evaporated and oil starts to separate from spices, add chicken pieces and almond paste. Add little water if required. Mix well and cover the pan. Let the chicken cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
  • Switch off the heat and garnish with some fresh cilantro. 
  • Serve hot with any Indian flat bread or rice.

Related

Spicy Recipes 5299463475993236015

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Stay Connected!

social media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!

item