Gharge / Sweet Pumpkin puri

To make 8-10 gharge Ingredients Grated pumpkin - 1 and half cup Grated jaggery - 3/4 cup Wheat Flour - 1 cup Cardamom ...


To make 8-10 gharge

Ingredients

Grated pumpkin - 1 and half cup
Grated jaggery - 3/4 cup
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp
Ghee / Butter - 1/2 tsp
pinch of salt
oil for frying

Procedure

  • Cook the grated pumpkin and jaggery together on medium heat. Keep stirring the mixture. When pumpkin gets cooked and moisture evaporates; add ghee, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and pinch of salt.
  • Let the mixture cool down little bit. Start kneading the dough by adding little flour at a time. Dough should be soft and bit sticky. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. 
  • Wet your fingers in a water, take a small sized ball on a plastic sheet and pat like a thick puri. Deep fry puri till it gets nice brown color. You can store them in a container and consume within a week.

Related

Pumpkin 7428263151711552279

Post a Comment

  1. Have never heard of this before. looks interesting bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditional but Simple, and very tasty.. I love Gharge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these shd be the yummiest pooris ever ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks super good, again a new one to me..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puri with pumpkin is Quiet new to me !! This sweet looks wonderful !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Dish For Loved Ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poonma the puris look yummy :-) I wish I lived near you, would have landed in your house demanding to be fed :-)
    I am very happy to give you the Liebster Blog Award. Please do drop by my blog to collect it!
    Cheers,
    Suchi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious pumpkin puri. Excellent preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm..Pumpkin Puris, Its the first time I have come across these. Interesting!Looks yummy!

    My recent Post - Ma's Khichdi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I don't like pumpkin but your recipe makes me wanna try it! Going to tell mom to prepare me this! :)

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Stay Connected!

social media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!

item