Event Announcement - Guest Hosting EP Series - Curry leaves or Dried red chilies

Hello friends,                I'm so happy and excited to announce guest hosting of the event   EP  Series-Herbs & Spices  star...

Hello friends, 

              I'm so happy and excited to announce guest hosting of the event  EP Series-Herbs & Spices started by Julie of Erivum Puliyum. I would like to thank Julie for giving me the opportunity to host this wonderful event. 




                  The theme that I have chosen is "Curry leaves or Dried red chilies". That's really a spicy and flavorful combination. Isn't it? Curry leaves are my personal favorite and I always try to add them in my cooking wherever possible. :) Let's have a look at some health benefits of curry leaves and dried red chilies.

Curry leaves have many herbal medicinal properties and Also known as 'sweet neem leaves'.
  • Curry leaves contain significant amounts of fibers, proteins and carbohydrates.
  • Curry leaves improve digestion. They also help to reduce fats from our bodies. It reduces the level of bad cholesterol.
  • Curry leaves are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicine for treating nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
  • Curry leaves are rich source of vitamin A, calcium and folic acid and among other things can prevent early development of cataract.
  • This is an ideal herb for people suffering from the ill effects of diabetes. 
As we all know dried red chilies are known for spice or heat but they are nutritive too.
  • It contains vitamin C and carotene in high amount. 
  • Red Chili has the ability to fight against inflammation. 
Well I didn't know all of these health benefits until I googled it. :) Now let me tell you some rules of the event;
  1. The event runs for the period of 1st August- 31st August 2012.
  2. The theme for this month is "Curry leaves or Dried red chilies".You can use one ingredient in a dish or use both but that ingredient should be one of the main ingredients.It can vary from starter,main dish ,dessert or any other recipes, savory anything. For example: curry leaves rice (karivepilai sadam), Curry leaves chutney, karivepilai  kuzhambu. (Please note that, recipes which don't follow these rules will not qualify for the event.) 
  3. Bloggers and Non bloggers can participate. Bloggers can link their recipes using the linky tool below. Bloggers who find it difficult or find some problem to link can also send & Non-bloggers can send in their recipes to my mail (kandepohe.recipes@gmail.com) with the following details-

    Your Name-
    Recipe Name-
    Recipe Details-
    Pic of the Dish-

  4. Recipe must be linked to this Julie's event announcement page and to my page.
  5. You can link both Veg & Non Veg recipes.
  6. Send in any number of entries. You can link in your old entries too but specific to the herb & spice, just add the link & logo, no reposting required.
  7. Usage of logo is appreciated for all entries.
  8. There are 4 awards for the BEST INNOVATIVE RECIPE AWARD, TOP CONTRIBUTOR AWARD,BEST HEALTHY DISH AWARD & PARTICIPATION AWARD.
               I know cooking with some specific spice and herb is quite challenging. But I am sure that you will come up with loads of innovative ideas and explore your creativity. This is the first event hosted at my space, I am so excited and looking forward to your support. Send as many entries as you can and make this event a huge success.

Best wishes to you all :)




Post a Comment

  1. Nice theme dear..will send my entries soon!

    Cheers!
    Vani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy hosting !
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice theme.. happy hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats dear,Happy Hosting!!
    Thanx for your interest in hosting the EP Series event,will add it at my space too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'l link my entry soon. This is a wonderful theme

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful event. will send my entries soon. Happy hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice event and have linked my entry..Happy hosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this theme..i too will link my entry shortly..

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi poonam,
    happy to visit your blog . I am new to this blogging . I want to participate in your event. i understood how to link my entry to your event but don't have a clear idea how to link the same on Julie's page as you have said. Kindly help.

    do visit my blog too....
    http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heaven in a few simple bites
    saadepunjab.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Poonam, thanks for clarifying my doubt . Will surely participate in your entry........

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Poonam,

    you have a very nice blog , I have an award and an interesting game waiting for you at my blog please feel free to collect it .

    http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting herbs and spices....Will link in my entries...

    Glad following you and visit my space when you are free...

    http://eezy-kitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Stay Connected!

social media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!

item